microwave outlet location

putting in a above the stove microwave,it willbe on its own line ,the instructions with the micro. says to drill a hole in the cabnet directly above the micro. and put wire into cabnet,which I would like to do and place the outlet in the cabnet to hide it. but from what I understand you cant hide an outlet or switch in a cabnet or closet.I would just put it there but this willbe inspected becouse we are doing the whole kitchen over and have an electic permit.any advise on where this outlet should be or could be place would help.thank you

Hi,
The outlet is normally on the right side in the cupboard above the OTR microwave...
http://www.applianceaid.com/pictools/otr2.jpg
http://www.applianceaid.com/pictools/otr16.jpg

An outlet in a cabinet or closet is permissable if there is a specific, approved purpose for it. IE: a small pantry closet can have an outlet for a rechargable vac.

place
but
You might check with a licensed electrician or the code people in your area regarding that outlet location. Around this area the outlet is almost always in a cabinet above the microwave.

Call the inspector and ask to see the code. Go from there.
PJ