My microwave is on a separate circuit with a outlet ( the type name
escapes me )...something fault or whatever. its white with a black and
red button. The specs of oven is 700watts, 120 v ac 60 hz, 10 amps.
Today, as reheating on high for 2 and 1/2 minutes, it conked out. This
never happened before. I pressed both buttons on the outlet which did
not seem to have any effect, so i had to go to the basement and reset
the fuse. Is there something wrong with the oven or the circuit?
Since the GFCI outlet didn't trip, it's not a ground fault. The specs you
list don't exactly jibe as 700 watts @120 volts doesn't equal 10 amps, but
in any event it would appear you have a problem with the microwave, assuming
it is in fact a dedicated circuit. Try plugging a toaster or similar
appliance in that outlet and see if it works
If that is a 15 amp breaker and your microwave uses 1150W you are not
too far away from going over. A weak breaker or something else on the
circuit (yea I know you said it was a separate circuit, but .... ) could
trip it. I also could have been a one time thing.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.