Microwave knocks out

My microwave is on a separate circuit with a outlet ( the type name escapes me )...something fault or whatever. its white with a black and red button. The specs of oven is 700watts, 120 v ac 60 hz, 10 amps. Today, as reheating on high for 2 and 1/2 minutes, it conked out. This never happened before. I pressed both buttons on the outlet which did not seem to have any effect, so i had to go to the basement and reset the fuse. Is there something wrong with the oven or the circuit?
Since the GFCI outlet didn't trip, it's not a ground fault. The specs you list don't exactly jibe as 700 watts @120 volts doesn't equal 10 amps, but in any event it would appear you have a problem with the microwave, assuming it is in fact a dedicated circuit. Try plugging a toaster or similar appliance in that outlet and see if it works

RBM (remove this) wrote:

I;m sorry, I left out the consumption power...its 1150 w. Well the oven is working now after I tripped the fuse back on.
On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 15:43:13 -0400, "RBM" <rbm2(remove

The 700W is probably microwave output power, not consumption.

Mark Lloyd
Anthona wrote:

If that is a 15 amp breaker and your microwave uses 1150W you are not too far away from going over. A weak breaker or something else on the circuit (yea I know you said it was a separate circuit, but .... ) could trip it. I also could have been a one time thing.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Wait until this happens a second or third time, and twice in less than 6 months, and then worry.