Microwave door/switch adjustment

I purchased and installed a replacement door for my Kenmore microwave oven (model 665.61659101), and it does not close tightly enough to engage unless I push and hold it in. The light stays on, and the oven will not operate unless I hold the door in tightly. Any advice on how to adjust it? Thanks so much!