Microwave Cannot Start

I have an 14-years-old GoldStar microwave that I bought in 1991. Normally, I could hit the <Start> button, it would light up, it would start making noise, its turn-table would start spinning, and it would heat the food/drink. But one week ago, it started acting up. Now, when I hit the <Start> button, it will still light up; but it will make very little noise, its turn-table doesn't spin, and it will not heat the food/drink doesn't matter how long it has run.
Sometimes, I can start working again if I manually spin the turntable before hitting the <Start> button, or if I pause it and restart it. But these little tricks rarely work. As a matter of fact, these tricks seem to have stopped working completely.
I have tried using different power outlets, with or without using a power extension cord; but these don't make any difference.
What should I do? Does this mean this microwave is taking a well-deserved retirement?
Thanks.
Jay Chan
It's dead. Time for a new one.
Jay -
Recc. you chuck it; 14 years is an adequate life for a microwave. If you want to keep it, I advise you take it to a service center for repair.... given the cost of new, it wouldn't make financial sense to repair it, however unless you are familiar with the operation of high voltage power supplies, and how to deal with them, playing around with the guts and/or replacing parts would not be a wise idea.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

[snip]
Before throwing it out, I think I'd check the interlock switch for the door, and make sure it's working properly. You might have a bit of food caught in there that's preventing the switch from closing. or perhaps the switch has failed.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Consider this a gift from God and an opportunity to buy a new one. It will cost less, take up less counter top, quieter larger inside and work better than your old one.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

You can probably get it serviced for $150 but . . . . . For $75 you can buy one with twice the power and twice the features.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Whatever is wrong it will cost more than buying a new, in fact, just finding out what is wrong will cost more than many small one. Our first Sharp cost over $500, and our next Sharp (at least 4 years old) cost $125-150. Throw yours in the garbage and get a new. You might want to save the turn around plate and give one of the charities that has stores for used stuff.
Thanks everyone who has responded.
Seem like the only sensible thing that I should do is to get rid of it. Luckily, a new one on ly costs $50, and I only use it for simple things like reheating soup.
I was hoping that I can fix it by doing some simple things like moving the microwave to face south, hitting the <Start> button three times...etc I guess this is not that simple.
Jay Chan