Microwave blowing fuses

My LG microwave stopped working yesterday, I changed the fuse, and the lights came back on. However, when I tried to microwave something, it made a grinding noise and the fuse blew again. Is this something simple or should I just trash it? Thanks Neil McMullen Please reply to Group as my email is fake.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
There is a short somewhere that is causing excessive current draw. Very commonly, this can be the HV rectifier, magnetron, main capacitor, or the main power transformer. There is also the main uPC board to be concerned about as well.
These are difficult to service, unless properly trained, and have the proper tools to work on them. Also, there are some very serious safety issues with working on microwave ovens. Many of the replacement parts in these have to be factory original. You would also need parts on hand for testing.
I would suggest that you either give it to their authorized service centre to have an estimate, or to buy a new one.
--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.za wrote in message

Hi,
There are safety issues to consider when servicing a microwave....esp discharging the capacitor. Blowing a fuse when you push start is often a shorted high voltage diode or high voltage capacitor.
Discharging the cap and some tests/checks.... http://www.applianceaid.com/micro.html http://www.applianceaid.com/micro.html#common
jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.