mice under snow?

I noticed little foot tracks in the snow around my place then it disappears under the snow and re-appears a few feet later. There are 2 little foot tracks with a straight line in between them. I take it that's it's tail ??? Do mice bury under snow when they walk for a while ?

Yes.
--
Regards,

And they have nests under there, too.

Them are Ice Weasles. Gotta watch out for those, 'specially if you're trapped under a snowmobile.

Doan worry about Ice Weasles,,the Snowy Ice Owls snarf Em right up..When Ya hear a barely audible "swoosh" the Owl just scored a meal and saved a Snowmobiler all in one fell swoop..It's the tracks of animals too big for owls and cats to handle that Ya gotta worry about,,hanta virus and lice notwithstanding of course.. A mouse near the house? Do'nt ruffle Yer blouse If a rat eats Yer cat well Ya better fix that! Sorry I'm just entertainment and not any real help..I've got squirrels on My roof,I just let Em run wild..As long as They're in the space Mother Nature gave to them I wo'nt sweat it.. Dean

snow is a great insulator, for the mice etc its warmer
Balderdash wrote:

You haven't had a red streak in your snowblower discharge?