Mice...should we start keeping score?

Page 1 of 2

I've got 2 already. They sure like peanut butter. :-)
I've been all around the perimeter of the house and can't for the life of me figure out where they are getting in. No gaps around pipes, no holes in siding (that I can find). Grrr.

Think cat.

Just got rid of her. She was a good mouser, but we have a baby now and didn't want to deal with an indoor cat this Winter.
says...

You're a beleiver of old wives' tales?
Banty

LOL! No..no soul-stealing. Just didn't want to deal with litterbox, hairballs, etc. She went to a good home.
says...

Glad to hear it.
Babies and cats *do* mix fine. Seems, compared with a baby, litterbox and hairball concerns would be hardly anything. But anyhow..
Banty
And I would vastly rather have cats and babies than mice and babies!
Jo Ann
Banty wrote:

says...

...or dogs and their "accidents" on carpet that kiddie lays/crawls on.

Come to think of it, a crawling infant or toddler plus mousetraps of any sort mix a lot worse than cats and babies! Seems the wrong tradeoff has been made..
IMO, of course.
Can kitty come back? New kitty?
Cheers, Banty

Sigh.
http://www.litter-robot.com/default.aspx?ac=1
Cats suck the life out of infants. Get a dog.
Banty wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com says...

LOL! A believer of old wives' tales, who hasn't kept up with the news.
Banty
What does the baby have to do with it?
--
Steve Barker

< snipped-for-privacy@doodle.com> wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 20:28:14 -0600, "Steve Barker LT"

Not to answer for the mother, but she might be afraid the cat would jump into the crib to "investigate" (cats ARE very curious) and might accidentally hurt the baby.
says...

full of fur...
--
Keith

This is a parenting problem, not a "cat vs. baby" issue. No child should be left with any pet in an unsupervised situation until they have been taught to behave appropriately around them.
Jo Ann
krw wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Right. Once the cat gets too close it'll have been taught its lesson. From that time on, they'll admire each other from afar. BTST.
--
Keith

Also, I don't know the details, but a dog shouldn't enter the house until the baby has some sense of territoriality. Then the dog will defer to the baby. If the dog is there first, or I would guess when the baby is really young, the dog decides that he is in charge, and expects the baby to defer. Which the baby will do for a while, but not forever. Did I get this right?

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 02:23:26 -0800, aspasia wrote:

Don't cats have salmonellla (or do they eat salmon? It's one of those.)
Or shistosomiasis, or psoriasis?
Or some contagious disease?
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 14:24:12 GMT, " snipped-for-privacy@doodle.com"

Your baby must be young. (Hence the term baby) Now is the best time to start training him to catch mice.