Mice in the basement

Nope, that's the SECOND thing to do. The FIRST thing to do is to set traps to start killing the ones that are already there, and then go around plugging holes while the traps do their work.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I have a a couple snakes that resides under my house

We do have to be careful when heading out to the backyard . The snakes keeps out of our way , we keep out of their way .

Works for us :)

Reply to
Myal

Isn't that how one gets kidney beans? By planting mice, or cats?

Reply to
mm

Hungry cat.

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

ROTFLMAO

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

I took mine a mile away to a park, on the way to work the next day, and released them in the weeds beside the river. Probably fed a snake or owl, but at least I didn't have to watch. If any are still here, they are laying low. The live traps remain untripped, and no fresh turds in the corners of the cabinets. Guess I probably oughta wash out the traps and change the peanut butter- probably rancid by now.

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Pollutes the air and the groundwater. Just drop the cubes in a bucket of water.

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Hey, I resemble that remark. Good thing for the world I squeamish. Hope the grocery stores never close, or I'll have to become vegetarian, because I sure ain't cute enough to get anyone to hunt and fish, and clean the catch for me.

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Once, when my little sister was a teenager living at home, she got in a car wreck and trashed her knee. (thankfully temporarily). However, the entire week or so she was basically bedridden, the old Mama cat of the house, who hadn't noticably hunted in years, brought a freshly killed mouse to the front door every morning. Guess the cat thought my sister needed extra nutrition to heal up, and couldn't hunt for herself.

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

I perfer spring traps....baited with peanut butter...placed under the trigger...which the mice do trip.

I always leave spring traps just inside at any likely entry points to the house...and more than one trap per entry point...think of it as a "ring of death" that any mouse has to breach before accessing the interior of the house.

I point out that sealing any entry points is as important as setting the traps....if they can't locate an entry point, they can't spread their filth inside your house.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

It was pretty funny. I chuckled with every trap I set.

Reply to
Mysterion

Ayup. Some Nuc Mam sauce, some steamed rice with pinapple and some rice wine to wash it all down with...ummmmmummmm...thats some good eating.

Almost as good as the puppy the Jari village chief had the women prepare for me.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

White meat of course. So if you are a big spender..Snake Wine is indicated for the very best.

Or put a case of Ba mi Ba beer on ice.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

Did they get buried under a freeway?

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

Hey...everyone needs a hobby. Its not like cats can use a mic very well...shrug

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

Same here, but I _would_ prefer they not take after-dinner naps in our silverware drawer -- or bite when evicted, little bastiges! :)

Reply to
John Husvar

What wine would you recomend? Are mice white meat or dark?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

While I was in college, the Advertising Division of the School of Journalism (Where else?) sponsored a contest for the best product line for which to write copy and design graphics.

It was open to anybody, so I submitted "Colonel Nguyen's Saigon Fried Rat."

My entry didn't win, but the campaign one of the students designed did. :)

Reply to
John Husvar

Or buy a box of disposable surgical gloves at Walmart. Very inexpensive.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

Hi,

Had the same problem. Used the Victor clip mouse traps with peanut butter, they look like Big paper binder clips. The glue ones also work but can only be used once. The Traditional wire ones are cheap but do not work that well. Most caught in one night was 3 mouses / mice.

The mice kept on turning up though over the next six months. Tried desperately to look for a hole could not find one. Noticed most of the action was in one area of the basement. Eventually found a hole there, or rather a gap in between the wall and a drain vent pipe. The metal cover had come loose and the critters could sneak pass.

To seal up the gap used foam sealer. These are available at Home depot for about $US 7 per can. One can has more than enough. Try and make sure you find all your holes because once started the can is good for about 20 minutes. What happens is the foam starts to set in the plastic feed tube if you do not keep on spraying. So you got to use it up and fill all your holes in one shot.

So far so good ... fingers crossed .....

Best, Mike.

Reply to
hobbes