Mice in the basement

I took mine a mile away to a park, on the way to work the next day, and released them in the weeds beside the river. Probably fed a snake or owl, but at least I didn't have to watch. If any are still here, they are laying low. The live traps remain untripped, and no fresh turds in the corners of the cabinets. Guess I probably oughta wash out the traps and change the peanut butter- probably rancid by now.
aem sends...
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:55:11 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

That's what I use. But I don't release them outdoors. I open the trap door, and when they stick their little heads out, I bite them off.

....bring in the spooky music here.....dum dum dum..... :-)

They are cheap enough to throw the whole thing into the bin.
--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Some people are sure squeamish.
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:46:11 -0700, Bob F wrote:

Lucky we have a cat that takes care of the few mice seeking a warmer location when the weather here gets colder. He'll bring them to me as trophies. And he brings them whole, not half eaten.

Tell him there are valuable nutrients in the brains, which is why some cats eat just the head.
Or, leave him a note.
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:23:21 +0000, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Ick.

Seriously! Some trace substance that cats need in their diets, according to my former cat's personal physician.

Hey, I resemble that remark. Good thing for the world I <am> squeamish. Hope the grocery stores never close, or I'll have to become vegetarian, because I sure ain't cute enough to get anyone to hunt and fish, and clean the catch for me.
aem sends...

Or buy a box of disposable surgical gloves at Walmart. Very inexpensive.
---MIKE---

>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

The traditional method is still the best: spring traps.
Bait them with raisins. Get a good, plump, juicy raisin, and mash it down hard onto the bait pan. Then set the trap. They can't get the raisin off without springing the trap.
--
Regards,

I had some old hard salami that worked very well for similar reason. I sometimes got 2-3 mice per baiting.
.

Italian mice.
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:49:09 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Did they get buried under a freeway?
Gunner
This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

A few years ago I would have said "Get a cat". Then, I discovered my best hunting cat was depositing live mice in my basement. Apparently he wanted to have something to hunt when the weather turned cold outside and decided to set up his own game preserve.
The spring traps work best, but vary your bait - use peanut butter on one, cheese on one, fruit on another.
Mysterion wrote:

ROTFLMAO

It was pretty funny. I chuckled with every trap I set.
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:07:25 -0700, jJim McLaughlin

Hey...everyone needs a hobby. Its not like cats can use a mic very well...shrug
Gunner
This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:16:43 -0500, Ignoramus26157

Decon, or mousetraps baited with peanut butter.