mice getting in through dryer lint door

The opening for the dryer vent is only a few inches off the ground and I just discovered mice have been gaining entry to the house through it.
It has one of those plastic cage covers over it, but the holes must be big enough for mice to get through (I once read that they can get through anything that is bigger than the width of one's little pinky).
Any idea on how to solve this?
Thanks in advance, Holly
Holly wrote:

Think cat.
"The world's best mouser was tortoiseshell moggy Towser, April 21st, 1963 to 20th March 1987. In her lifetime she caught 28,899 mice, plus numerous other unfortunate creatures such as rats & rabbits. Towser worked for the Glenturret Distillery. A statue has been erected in the distillery grounds to honour Towser."
Holly wrote:

Yes the cage is to keep birds out not mice Try this have seen it a the local hardware stores http://www.batticdoor.com/dryerventseal.html
If you use metal ducting they cannot get into the house and when you turn on the dryer they are toast.
ya and that toast is gonna smell just great...
randy

on
I've had em still get in by chewing thru the dryer lint trap. Toast might be the wrong word. maybe mummified.

on