mice getting in through dryer lint door

Think cat.

"The world's best mouser was tortoiseshell moggy Towser, April 21st, 1963 to 20th March 1987. In her lifetime she caught 28,899 mice, plus numerous other unfortunate creatures such as rats & rabbits. Towser worked for the Glenturret Distillery. A statue has been erected in the distillery grounds to honour Towser."

Reply to
JerryMouse

The opening for the dryer vent is only a few inches off the ground and I just discovered mice have been gaining entry to the house through it.

It has one of those plastic cage covers over it, but the holes must be big enough for mice to get through (I once read that they can get through anything that is bigger than the width of one's little pinky).

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance, Holly

Reply to
Holly

Yes the cage is to keep birds out not mice Try this have seen it a the local hardware stores

Spud

If you use metal ducting they cannot get into the house and when you turn on the dryer they are toast.

Reply to
Dick Wells

ya and that toast is gonna smell just great...

randy

Reply to
xrongor

I've had em still get in by chewing thru the dryer lint trap. Toast might be the wrong word. maybe mummified.

Reply to
JMagerl