MH370 -> have they checked all passengers for flying experience, military service?

I wonder if they've done a background check of all passengers in terms of flying experience, flight training, military service...
They need to publish the list of passengers - so the internet can do a "crowd-source" background check and possibly they get some useful info that wouldn't or didn't turn up using their normal investigative methods.
It would have been useful (although somewhat creepy) to get a mug-shot at the boarding gate of each passenger as they have their tickets scanned and photo-id checked. The photo's don't need to be coordinated with name or any text input, and the camera's memory card is only 1 or 2 gb and just gets recycled (uses same memory over and over again, new pictures over-writing old ones). The only info that goes with each picture is the time/date stamp.
When an incident happens, authorities go to the gate and pull the memory card out of the camera. Otherwise, the camera is not connected to network, is not accessible and therefore can't be tampered with, pictures stolen or hacked, etc.
Release the pictures along with the name they think belongs to each photo to the public.
Let the public weigh in on whether or not the info is correct, and anything of interest about each person (ie - attended but flunked out of flying school, former navy seal, CIA contractor, huge gambling debt, recently obtained life insurance policy, divorced / lost custody of kids, etc).

They would (and do) have the security cameras and the airline's computers I would think would have the time when the boarding pass was scanned. Easy Peasy.

but what they conceal is vital."
On 2014-03-13 9:23 AM, Home Guy wrote:

The American media has spun this into a story of a terrorist attack by focusing on the stolen passports. What percentage of Malaysia-China flight don't have passengers using false passports? Probably 50%, its not a big deal. Its how SE asians get around since if you use a Phillipino passport (for example) then you can't get a visa in any country.
Just take a chill pill, Yankees. Believe or not, I feel safer knowing that every American citizen does not have NSA-style access to my personal information - whether or not I'm on a missing plane.

I thought they quit mentioning stolen passports a couple of days ago (Dec 11), since they announced that they had tracked the people using them to be people seeking asylum, not terrorists.

I am still suspicious of terrorists or what used to be called "hijackers" (with the usual destination for USA hijacked planes being Cuba, since there wasn't another legal way to get there.) The current theories seem to involve the plane taking a rather radical change from its planned course. What explains that? Hijacking or terrorism does, not necessarily having anything to do with stolen passports. What else? It's a bit early in the investigation to rule out terrorism.
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 01:00:48 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@burditt.org (Gordon Burditt) wrote:

They focused on the stolen passports, but only said terrorism was a possibility. There are btw two kinds of terrorists, those affiliated with a bigger group, and those out for some fun of their own.
Who is turning things off in the plane and redirecting it if not a terrorist. Oh, maybe a rogue pilot. That would be sub-category 2-a of terrorist.

Couldn't they go to Mexico and from there to Cuba. Maybe they didnt' know that? Or maybe Mexico cooperated with the US and wouldn't let them?

You sound about as well informed as the Malaysians.
It had enough fuel to maybe get to India.
For Cuba or Mexico they would have needed a connecting flight.

You mean you can't refuel a 777 in mid-flight? (grin)
but what they conceal is vital."
Doubt it but I am no expert. Best thing to do is wait for the Malaysian Transport Minister to deny it. Then we'll know it's true.

if it's above ground, anywhere, wouldn't we have heard ONE peep, from a cell phone? [text, voice mail, or call]
there must have been 200+ cell phones on board
marc
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com;3211708 Wrote:

If whomever was able to turn off the plane's transponders, the would have undoubtedly been able to turn off the system the pressurizes the cabin. Oxygen starvation is a debilitating condition that sneaks up on you. As the amount of oxygen in your blood diminishes, your muscles get weak and you are unable to do everyday tasks like get up and walk around. Oxygen starvation of the brain is equally debilitating. People exposed to the oxygen levels at 30,000 feet are unable to do simple puzzles meant for preschoolers.
It could be that whomever had control of that air plane took advantage of the fact that it was a night flight to gradually shut down the cabin air pressurization system over the course of a half hour or so, so as to cause the passengers to all go to sleep on their own, each one thinking that he/she was tired and wanted to sleep. If the cabin air pressurization system stayed off during the remainder of the flight, then all the passengers would have died during the flight.
--
nestork

Still haven't figured out the why, with no demands or no statement of responsibility.
but what they conceal is vital."