Methelene / Methylene Chloride Stain (Drinking Bird Dropped on Sheet Vinyl Floor)

My son had (as in not anymore) one of those 'Drinking Bird' novelties - which I now find out is a glass vial filled with Methelene (Methylene) Chloride mixed with a red dye. The vial broke & we now have a one foot red patch on our white vinyl floor.
I immediately tried various chemicals (Acetone, Goof Off,and Siege - a degreaser) to try to clean it up - but it appears the Methelene Chloride evaporated immediately - leaving the red dye firmly implanted in the formerly white vinyl floor.
Any tips on how to proceed?
Thanks, Cindy
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Bleach?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Have you tried chlorine bleach?
--
Regards,
On 19 Nov 2006 18:16:46 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Here is a methylene chloride remover. Don't know what it will do to vinyl or the urethane that usually topcoats vinyl floors.
http://www.besway.com/stripping-chem.html
Another method may be to get more methylene chloride mix it with poultice to possibly re-activate the chemical and soak up some of the red dye.

Huh!? That doesn't remove methylene chloride, it is a paint remover *based* on methylene chloride!

Methylene chloride dissolves (into) vinyl (PVC). The dye is now embedded.
Maybe UV light would bleach it, if it is a fragile enough dye. But likely you're just completely outa luck.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Not sure you can remove stain. Methylene chloride probably dissolved top layer of floor, dye became mixed with vinyl, and, on evaporation, left dye impregnated in vinyl. Even if you bleached out dye, floor would probably be frosted and indented looking. I would repatch with retained piece of flooring, if you have.
Frank
You will not be able to remove the red stain IMHO.
Perhaps you can create an accent color "diamond" or add several to disguise the repair. A contrasting insert will be a better solution than trying to splice in even the original tile since the floor has probably changed hue from age, cleaning, etc. ___________________________ Keep the whole world singing. . . . DanG

On 19 Nov 2006 18:16:46 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Get more of the same stuff, and paint a compass rose over that spot, converting the stain to a decoration.
(Note to self. WHite floors are not compatible with pets, children, or work...)
--Goedjn