Meter Location (was Residential Electricity)

Page 1 of 2
Hello, and perhaps a local ordinance question: Often you see new town/row house developments that look very nice from the front except they put the electric meter right in front which, IMHO, detracts from the view. We have "smart" meters in my neck of the woods. Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 6:45:07 AM UTC-4, J.B. Wood wrote:

code done for safety.
in the event of a fire or other emergeny the emergency responders need a quick easy way to cut the power / pull the meter
bob haller posted for all of us...

For OP it's local custom-as you state.
Wrong Bobby, it's for the convenience of the POCO. The FD WILL find the meter if they need too.
--
Tekkie

trader_4 posted for all of us...

Still has meter. If no life safety involved then we'll wait for the POCO which is usually 20-30 min depending on outside factors. All responders go through POCO supplied training-gas & electric. It all depends on circumstances, actually power in a SFD is not a problem.
We have hotsticks and use them in commercial fires, training by POCO.
that is why people don't volunteer any more. A lot of training involved, it's not just put the wet stuff on the red stuff. Most shocks are in major cities because the poverty stricken drug users use boot leg hookups.
--
Tekkie

poison and steeling the electricity to do it.
On 5/12/2016 6:44 AM, J.B. Wood wrote:

I read your post three times, and cannot find any questions.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 5/12/2016 7:52 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Sometimes the questions are not easy to discern.
OTOH, while you were reading it three times did you not, at some point, say/wonder, "WTF?" <g>

I'll admit I did wonder what was the purpose of the post.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 8:52:06 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Read it again.
"DerbyDad03" <

There is no question posted, only a comment on location of a meter.
On 5/12/2016 8:24 AM, Phil Kangas wrote:

Why does there need to be a question? It is a request for comment.
"Taxed and Spent" <

The OP said he had a local ordinance question but never asked it. And he did not ask for a comment, he only posted his comment.
On 5/12/2016 11:24 AM, Phil Kangas wrote:

OP: "thank you for your comment".
"Taxed and Spent" <

Ok, here's mine: "that sure is an ugly meter out front. Someone should pass a law making it illegal, it is so disgusting to all who have to view such a thing. The local ordinance people must not be doing their job. Perhaps the 'bama should write another executive order banning such an embarrasment to society. It should be hidden under hillarities skirt along with her dismal record." You're welcome.. ;>)}
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 2:24:31 PM UTC-4, Phil Kangas wrote:

The OP said:
"Thanks for your time and comment."
Thanking someone in that manner implies that you are asking for a response.
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 11:24:12 AM UTC-4, Phil Kangas wrote:

I know. I just wanted Stormy to read it again.
On 5/12/2016 11:40 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

You failed in your attempt. Did you see my question.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 5/12/2016 8:58 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Does a sentence that starts with "Did" and ends with a period and not a question mark constitute a question?
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 11:59:02 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

No. I scan for "question marks" so I can recognize when a question has been asked. I didn't (and still don't) see a question mark so I assume you already have all the answers you want.
Is there something you wanted to know? <-- Now that there is a question.
On 5/12/2016 11:24 AM, Phil Kangas wrote:

Derby wants me to read it again.
I don't think he noticed the queston in my initial follow up.
--
.
Christopher A. Young