Metallic raceway, cutting and fitting

Page 2 of 2

Two suggestions:
1. Make sure all the raceway pieces and fittings you buy are the same size. I bought white (Wiremold) raceway and beige fittings (that's all HD had that day) , figuring to paint it all anyway. Believe it or not the two colors are actually two different sizes, and incompatible. This was not at all obvious from the packaging.
2. Cutting: My Roto-Zip metal cutting wheel made short work of it. I used a cordless sawzall today (with metal cutting blade) to cut EMT. It worked very nicely. I'm sure it would work well on the Wiremold also. As someone else said, make sure to file down the cut edges, and use the proper wire type inside.
Greg Guarino