metal roof and leaks? using tape to fix? Eternabond brand tape

I have a metal roof made with used metal sheet (2x9 feet) and there are holes from previous fasteners. I tried silicon, tarbased stuff, butyle but examining then weeks later I felt that it will not do the job when the rains come. I bought a role of 4 inch by 50 eternabond tape and cut pieces for the holes. It seems to stick very well and has a UV backing. It is marketed for this purpose. Has anyone had experience use this product of mental? ( Like all products, the surface must be clean, free of and so on)
davidlaska wrote:

Daughter just bought house with edge repaired with tape. I don't know brand name... its appeara'nce is sort of shiny aluminum. Home inspector said it was o.k. We've had a couple of hard rains without apparent leaks. Underside of decking is visible and no dampness or stains are visible.
I'm uncomfortable depending on an adhesive exposed to water, but time will tell. TB

stuff sticks when wet also and it is not asphalt based which I have found to dry and shrink over time.

underlayment of some sort with some means of ventilation under the metal. If so, any small amount of water under the metal will simply evaporate. Metal roofing can get a lot of water underneath just from condensation.
Don Young
Don Young wrote:

for california (ww 2). original roof was singles only, nothing else, just nailed to 1 x 6 which were removed for metal.

under the metal roofing sheets or wooden shingles. Some rain water and condensation would drip at times but the ventilation was enough for it to dry out without causing any problems. You can try the tape to seal the holes. Another possibility would be to use sheet metal screws with rubber gaskets or some kind of sealer. The main hazard to any kind of sealing material is the sun. Expect some drips from condensation and wind driven rain at times.
Don Young
Don Young wrote:

separate but attacked laye r of UV resistant material (It has the look and feel of the plastic protector under the cover of scanners and copying machines. They come in three colors, white grey and black. I figured the white would reflect more harmful rays than black and stay a lot cooler.