Metal Halide bulb in sodium lamp....

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 19 May 2012 12:22:32 -0400, Joseph Gwinn

Hmm. 'Sounds interesting.
--
Ed Huntress

Add pictures here
✖

Each. Remember, they were "conversion" bulbs. Extra. But still cheaper than buying a metal halide lamp AND a metal halide ballast of that quality.
These were old military fixtures, made in the early 80s, and still (but one) running on the original ballasts. I have one spare ballast left. THEN I have to spend real bucks.
LLoyd
Add pictures here
✖
On May 18, 4:08 am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

It is my understanding that these sodium lights produce light that can easily be removed by the astronomers. In other words, remove the normal 'glare' from a nearby city.
When first proferred the manufacturers touted how these 'harsh' lights used in parking lots lowered crime rates, because felon minded perps couldn't stand the light. Wish I'd saved a copy of that!
These lights DO remove color from view. Once at night, I parked my car along a clearly painted RED CURB fire lane, because in the light from these sodium lights the red curb lost ALL color. I checked when I parked, no red curb. When I fought the ticket, the judge said I should rely on the signs to tell me not to park there, which were only 40 feet away!
Add pictures here
✖