mesh fencing on a slope

Silly question, but is there an accepted method for fencing on a slope when using rectanglar mesh fence? (I've got all the lumber I need now for building the dog fence, which which will be a three-rail design and covered in 3x2" rectangular galvanised material)

Choice comes down to:

1) Making a 'staircase' effect, with each 8' fence section on a level (rather than parallel to the ground)

2) Making the fence follow a constant height above the ground.

The first one looks a bit more messy I think, except that it makes it really easy to add the rectangular mesh that I have (adding that to a sloped fence might look goofy where the angled mesh meets the vertical fence posts)

... others must have had the same issues when building pet runs (unless they had the luxury of being on completely level ground!) so I'm curious as to what they did.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules

... answering my own question, I'm going for option 3 ;)

Decided on doing it so the fence is level at the top all the way around - due to the slope of the land that gives me a minimum height above ground of 4'3" and a maximum of 5'8", which isn't *too* much of a difference, and within the height of what I can do with the fence mesh that I have.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules