Mercury float switch for sump pump

Do any of you know where I can purchase one for my Flotec 3/4 hp sump pump? They have a steel ball that carbons up the contacts in the sealed switch unit and causes the switch not to work. With a mercury switch there is not a problem. Flotec says they don't have Mercury switches anymore. Thanks for your help.
I don't think they are allowed to use mercury switches any more in the US.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Joe wrote:

junk yard might have some off of old cars.. for the trunk, hood, etc.. i had a couple that i kept from throwing away over the years.. never found any use for them yet... they last forever.....
<< With a mercury switch there is not a problem. >>
You could cobble together one from an old round Honeywell thermostat. You will need a 24 V relay and transformer so as not to overpower the mercury switch. Of course if you bought a new float valve and used a transformer/relay setup, the steel ball valve would last a whole lot longer, too. Sounds like a fun experiment. Good luck.
Joe