"Melting" solidified caustic soda in toilet

I put some caustic soda crystals in my chronically blocked toilet and despite putting hot water before hand, it seems to have solidified in the bottom of the toilet bowl. Can anyone tell me how to "Melt" this solidified nightmare? I live in the South of France and all the plumbers are a disaster here!
You mean like "Drain-O" Try poking at the mass with a stick while flushing a few times. Its probably not stuck to the porcelain too hard. Try a little vinegar, not too much as this is an acid and will react with a caustic (base) by fizzing and releasing (possibly toxic) gas. Any stronger acids (some bowl cleaners) might produce too vigorous reaction but would work also.
You should have started with a pipe snake as many blockages will not dissolve with drain cleaners. Replacing the toilet is a do-able job if you are able-bodied and cost less than a plumber.