melted vac belts

I used my vacuum and the belt keep melting and atttaching itself the the spindle - how do I remove the old belt(s)

Reply to
gtowneddie

I used my vacuum and the belt keep melting and atttaching itself the the spindle - how do I remove the old belt(s)

Reply to
gtowneddie

I used my vacuum and the belt keep melting and atttaching itself the the spindle - how do I remove the old belt(s)

Reply to
gtowneddie

A sharp razor knife usually works. Also, you may have to scape some burned rubber off the shafts. Same tool. Check the bearing on the brush, as the brush not turning was what likely caused the problem in the first place. While you have the cleaner apart, clean out all the lint, dog hair, string, etc., etc that is keeping the sucker from rotating.

Reply to
professorpaul

imho:

Sounds like a very wierd problem. I've had strange problems with applicances, and I've contacted the manufacturer with my questions. Often they take it as 'feedback' and some explain there was a fault and help me with replacements.

tom @

Humble Tom