Medicine Cabinets

We are doing a little upgrading to our bathroom. Our sink is a double sink but when they built the house they only put a medicine cabinet on one side. Of course it's the old white plain kind. I bought 2 oak medicine cabinets and replacing the existing one was easy as the hole was already cut. You could tell that when they built the house they build a 2x4 frame within the framing for it to fit into. Now I want to put the other one in the exact same spot on the opposite wall. I was thinking of cutting the hole in the exact same spot as the other one but I have no idea what I will find in terms of framing. If there is framing and it is in the way, it should be no problem just to cut it out, is that correct? It's not a heavy weight bearing wall. If I run into no framing at all, I just screw this thing into drywall so would it be ok to just put a 2x4 frame inside of the hole I cut along all the edges of the drywall, screwing the 2x4's on with screws and then the medicine cabinet would hide the screws and I would have a little wood on the inside to screw into? That's how im seeing this but im a novice so I will gladly take any advice. Thanks.

Tom

Reply to
Thomas

"Thomas" wrote in news:kYvOi.1394$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net:

Whatever you end up doing, remember there could be wires and/or pipes where you want to put it. Cut a hole in the drywall and explore with flashlight, eyes & arm.

Reply to
Al Bundy