Medicine cabinet in powder room?

Page 2 of 2

Arsenic powder.
Greg
On 3/15/2013 10:02 PM, gregz wrote:

B Creative. How about one of those little door/window alarms that sounds like the beginning of WWIII? They open the cabinet to snoop and the next thing you know, the next door neighbors are running over to see what the siren is all about<g>

Bottle labeled chloroform, Rags, Duct tape, Ty-raps and a blank VCR tape.

I put a large multi mirrored, 3 door cabinet in main bath. Just need to store shaving equip, etc, somewhere. I'm putting in a full bath in basement, and I will probably use a mirror. Just need a sink cabinet with drawers.
Greg
Don Wiss wrote:

If you don't think you need one, don't put one in.
If you think you do need one, put one in.
If you remain unsure, put one in and let your wife use it for the overflow from hers.
--

dadiOH
On 3/15/2013 4:30 PM, Don Wiss wrote:

In my Ex-House, we had a powder room that was only about 45" x 45". Originally, the door opened in and in order to close the door, you had to put your butt over the top of the toilet and then swing the door shut. I put a pocket door in that house right away. However, after many years, we remodeled and I am proud of what was done. I put in a pedestal sink in the corner with a corner mirror above it ... no medicine cabinet behind it. Then on the toilet wall I put a stack of cabinets, where the toilet wasn't and extended them over the toilet. Nice for keeping towels, soap, TP, etc. Check out the pic: https://plus.google.com/photos/110114360581351833631/albums/5200347635058879041/5200348704505735954?banner=pwa BTW, the room only had a 7' ceiling (if that), but it all worked our really well. Also, the hardest part of this whole thing was that the toilet had to be moved 2" towards the door, in order to fit the cabinet stack. It was a slab floor. I was going to just chisel out some of the concrete and use an offset flange, however, the concrete wouldn't budge. I had to rent an electric jack hammer ... did it in about 5 minutes. I won't even get started on how I cut the cast iron pipe, to fit the offset flange.
Art Todesco wrote:

https://plus.google.com/photos/110114360581351833631/albums/5200347635058879041/5200348704505735954?banner=pwa

I'd be proud, too! Outstanding job.
You should have taken this powder room with you when you moved !