medicine cabinet door opening

Bathroom remodel, with beveled glass mirror on the medicine cabinet door and two wall sconce lights on either side of the medicine cabinet. If you open the door too far, the glass mirror smacks the wall sconce, potentially breaking the mirror and/or the wall sconce. I was planning on putting on a small chain to limit how far the medicine cabinet door will open to prevent any such catastophes.

Anyone have any other nifty ideas? I've seen lots of bathrooms with the wall sconces on either side of the mirror, and never paid attention to what prevents the medicine cabinet door for hitting them.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

If you installed sconce lights, and it doesn't look ridiculous you could rotate sconces with the light up or down (opposite what you now have) and see if the mirror clears the lights.. I avoided this problem in this way.

Oren

oren

My med cabinet door has a rod at the top. It goes through a hole in a metal bracket on the wall unit. A ball on the end of the rod keeps it from opening too far. I wonder if they sell the rod/bracket assembly. Wouldn't be too hard to make one, though.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Medicine cabinet = cliche. Do you really want/need the medicine cabinet? In our remodel (new bathroom) we put a wooden wall cabinet on a side wall, and instead of a medicine cabinet we hung a framed mirror behind each sink. We like the result, and use other wall cabinets or base cabinets and drawers for what would have gone into the medicine cabinet. Regards --

Reply to
World Traveler