Measuring my house?

I plan to sell my house. I talked to a realtor, and he told me to measure the house. The length of the house is 38ft, 6 & 3/4in. The width is 28ft 3in. My tape measure is only 25ft. long, and I am not going to spend the money for a longer one, that I will only use this one time and throw in the trash, because it probably wont fit my next house either. How can I measure the house using only a 25ft tape measure?
Blondie
On 11/30/2004 12:49 PM US(ET), snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

It seems you have already measured your house.

You can't. If you ever need to measure anything that is longer than 25', just report it as "25 feet, plus some more".
took fingers to keys, and

This is Turtle.
You got it. Just write down for the 28 feet side 25+ feet and the other 38 foot side just write 25++ feet. They can just fill in the estimate theirself.
Blond joke Sorry but have too.
Blond calls the fire department and reports a fire at her house and said my house is on fire. The Fire dept. phone person said to the blond ''well mam where is the fire at ? '' Blond said in my kitchen. The Fire Dept person said mam where do you live at? Blond said here at my home. the Fire Dept. person said Mam How do we get to your house. The Blond said '' Duh -- The big Red Truck''.
TURTLE
snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote:

Sure sounds like another dumb blonde joke to me...
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Boy, nothing gets by old Jeff.

snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote:

Around my area realtors usually measure a house when they list it. I just sold one a few months ago, and the realtor came out with a tape and measured each room individually. With your 25' tape you could make a mark of some sort midway along a wall and measure to there from each end and add the 2 together. May not give you an exact measurement, but it should be close enough.
Dennis Turner wrote:

Ho Boy Dennis!
Hook, line, sinker and the rod too....
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

LOL Dennis, boy did you fall for it. They already know the size of the house, so why would they want to measure it? Are you by chance blonde also?
snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote:

It depends, did your realtor ask you to measure your house with the trailer hitch on or off?
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:20:12 -0500, "John Harlow"

Just list it as a double wide......
snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote:

25 feet at a time! Seriously, measure 20 feet, mark it, measure from the mark to the next point, mark it, etc. Add up the measurements.
John Hines wrote:

Seriously???
Another piscatorial entrapment!
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Draw 2 diagonal lines from each corner of the house. Where they intersect is the midpoint. Measure to the midpoint in both directions and double the result.

snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote in

What a fake question.
Blondie:
B > I plan to sell my house. I talked to a realtor, and he told me to B > measure the house. The length of the house is 38ft, 6 & 3/4in. The B > width is 28ft 3in. My tape measure is only 25ft. long, and I am not B > going to spend the money for a longer one, that I will only use this B > one time and throw in the trash, because it probably wont fit my next B > house either. How can I measure the house using only a 25ft tape B > measure?
If you already know your house is 38' 6-3/4" long and 28'3" wide, why do you still need a tape measure?
If yu want to check his work, you would be using the longer tape measure twice: once for the length and a second time for the width.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971

Q: What does a blonde say when you ask her if her blinker is working? A: Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No.
-Frank
--
(email: change out to in)