Measuring my house?

I plan to sell my house. I talked to a realtor, and he told me to measure the house. The length of the house is 38ft, 6 & 3/4in. The width is 28ft 3in. My tape measure is only 25ft. long, and I am not going to spend the money for a longer one, that I will only use this one time and throw in the trash, because it probably wont fit my next house either. How can I measure the house using only a 25ft tape measure?

Blondie

Reply to
blondie

On 11/30/2004 12:49 PM US(ET), snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

It seems you have already measured your house.

You can't. If you ever need to measure anything that is longer than 25', just report it as "25 feet, plus some more".

Reply to
willshak

Sure sounds like another dumb blonde joke to me...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Around my area realtors usually measure a house when they list it. I just sold one a few months ago, and the realtor came out with a tape and measured each room individually. With your 25' tape you could make a mark of some sort midway along a wall and measure to there from each end and add the 2 together. May not give you an exact measurement, but it should be close enough.

Reply to
Dennis Turner

It depends, did your realtor ask you to measure your house with the trailer hitch on or off?

Reply to
John Harlow

Ho Boy Dennis!

Hook, line, sinker and the rod too....

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

25 feet at a time! Seriously, measure 20 feet, mark it, measure from the mark to the next point, mark it, etc. Add up the measurements.
Reply to
John Hines

LOL Dennis, boy did you fall for it. They already know the size of the house, so why would they want to measure it? Are you by chance blonde also?

Reply to
Josh

Draw 2 diagonal lines from each corner of the house. Where they intersect is the midpoint. Measure to the midpoint in both directions and double the result.

Reply to
HL

Seriously???

Another piscatorial entrapment!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Just list it as a double wide......

Reply to
LARRYTHECABLE GUY

snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

What a fake question.

Reply to
Stephen King

Blondie:

B > I plan to sell my house. I talked to a realtor, and he told me to B > measure the house. The length of the house is 38ft, 6 & 3/4in. The B > width is 28ft 3in. My tape measure is only 25ft. long, and I am not B > going to spend the money for a longer one, that I will only use this B > one time and throw in the trash, because it probably wont fit my next B > house either. How can I measure the house using only a 25ft tape B > measure?

If you already know your house is 38' 6-3/4" long and 28'3" wide, why do you still need a tape measure?

If yu want to check his work, you would be using the longer tape measure twice: once for the length and a second time for the width.

  • Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
Reply to
barry martin

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz

This is Turtle.

You got it. Just write down for the 28 feet side 25+ feet and the other 38 foot side just write 25++ feet. They can just fill in the estimate theirself.

Blond joke Sorry but have too.

Blond calls the fire department and reports a fire at her house and said my house is on fire. The Fire dept. phone person said to the blond ''well mam where is the fire at ? '' Blond said in my kitchen. The Fire Dept person said mam where do you live at? Blond said here at my home. the Fire Dept. person said Mam How do we get to your house. The Blond said '' Duh -- The big Red Truck''.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Q: What does a blonde say when you ask her if her blinker is working? A: Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank J Warner