Measuring A/C Air Temp

Page 2 of 2

A friend of mine was a mystery shopper, and often did shops at Starbucks. The company she worked for sent her one of the little thermometers, with the 2 or 3 mm probe, and the plastic probe cover.
She would buy coffee and a baked good and leave, go just out of sight and measure the temp of the coffee. I think they didnt' tell her what the temp should be, for fear that would bias her answer. I think it couldn't be too cold or too hot. When I was there, I would eat the baked good. (She's 50 and still weighs what she did in the 7th grade.)
When she stoppped working for them, I think they wanted the thermometer back, or maybe it was just the stopwatch they gave her for another client.
A lot of her clients went out of business within a year after she was hired. Mystery shopping was their last ditch effort to find out what they were doing wrong. But Starbucks is still going strong.
micky posted for all of us...

179# ?

within because they always have the better idea. Coulda saved their money for the bankruptcy.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

On 5/6/2015 3:19 AM, micky wrote:

HF had both digital and analog models.
On 5/5/2015 5:34 PM, Boris wrote:

Sign up for coupons, and discounts, now!
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I never buy serious stuffs from place like HF. All tools or gadgets I own will last my life time and beyond.
On Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 10:58:29 AM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

It depends on what you're buying at HF and what your usage is. I recently bought a 3/4" breaker bar, for example. From what I can see, it appears close enough to Craftsman or SnapOn so for what I'm using it for, it's a good deal. Usage is to loosen up wheel hub nuts on a car, something I might do once a decade. I also bought a set of impact sockets, and a set of extensions and they work perfectly fine.
On the other hand, if I needed an electric saw to use in trades, I don't think I'd buy it at HF. And for something like a multimeter, I agree buying a Fluke is the way to go. My current one is 30 years old. I bought a cheap one at HF to leave on my boat. It worked OK at first, within a year, it was reading 30% off. I also needed some snap ring pliers, bought a set at HF. The tips, instead of being hardened steel, were so soft that they just bent. But I took them back and they gave me a full refund.
So, I'd say it depends on what you're buying, your usage, and using some judgement.
On 5/6/2015 10:58 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I agree, HF is not "serious tools". But for most of my tasks, they are adequate.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Similar outfit is Princess auto. If I need some thing for one time use or don't care if it breaks after couple use, I go to Princess Auto. My idea of buying any thing is best I could afford. Or I save up to get what I want, LOL!
On 5/6/2015 10:58 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

HF sells some junk, but some of the stuff is identical to the brand name you are paying dearly for. I was surprised the first time I want to one.
Boris posted for all of us...

Go out immediately and buy a Fluke digital temperature meter. Measuring at the vents is only good for balancing home stuff. The real measurement is at the system; as others have noted to see if the system is working properly.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*