Measure twice cut once

Well I noticed yet another flaw in my flow rate calculations for my sump. The flow rate is about 10GPM but thats when its on. Its on about 17% of the time. Anyway, my actual GPM is 1.4. Which is a lot of water, but not enough to come close to powering a sprinkler system.
I'm going to either require a HUGE cistern (which I may just do) or investigate drip irrigation.
On the brite side, I didn't cut anything yet. Though I did dig a big hole :) Glad I'm single or I would be now...
CL
dnoyeB wrote:

(Handyman who did not take time for acclimatization at the Mauna Kea Observatory complex (ele. 13,000 ft.):
"No matter how much I cut off, the damn board's STILL too short."

why not get a deeprock well drilling machine, you being in a wet zone should have plenty of water
On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 12:27:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Im considering a shallow well more and more. I need this project to conclude so I can enjoy my summer.

What is your ground like? Is it sand? Especially several feet down. Have you looked at the Brady sand point installation instructions to see if they would work for you?
Bob F wrote:

I have dug down about 4' and its still clay. Probably because this is an area that the builder dug out while digging my house. Not sure though. Either way, Michigan is known for its clay soil.
I have looked at the brady products. I am intimidated by digging a well. Especially the idea that water will wash out this clay soil.
Its still a consideration though. Maybe what I will do is in addition to my cistern plan to add a well point in the future. Ill be sure to get a shallow well pump for my cistern so I can expand to well point in the future. Also I will reduce the size of my cistern with this in mind. 500G cistern should do it if I water twice a day every day.
CL

Once I had the equipment, it took me 20-60 minutes to wash in each point with water. But I do have a very easy situation. Mostly just fine sand. I have 6 points 15-17 feet down and get maybe 15 gal/min until the water table drops too far around the points.
dnoyeB posted for all of us...

After reading some of your idiotic replies in other postings I have several thoughts...
You will remain single because no "significant other" will come close.
IF you manage to fool/pay a women to associate with you DO NOT REPRODUCE.
Got it?
--
Tekkie - I approve this advertisement/statement/utterance.