"Measure once... and you may have to cut a bunch."

I got a new fridge (new for us), and am quite pleased. Unloaded it into the garage, cleaned the inside, and plugged it in. Runs like a champ.

Now it's time to swap out the 25-year old machine for its replacement.

Oops.

The old machine is snuggled quite tightly between the sink and the pantry wall, some 30 inches.

The new machine is 33" wide!

Moan.

Looks my only palatable solution is to cut down the pantry wall! Remove 1/2" of sheetrock and gnaw into the 2x4s by, oh, three inches.

Reply to
HeyBub

Measure with a micrometer. Mark with chalk. Cut with an ax.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

A standard size stove is 30 inches wide.

Can you move your stove over to where the old fridge is now, and put the new fridge where the stove was?

Reply to
nestork

My condolences.

My 80-year old mother was very competent. When she came here looking for an apartment to move to, she had the dimensions of all her furniture (She didnt' actually cut out silhouettes, I don't think) and she found a place which took all the pieces she wanted to keep.

But when the moving van delivered the furniture, she realized that above where the breakfront went was the main heating duct for the apartment (wrapped in sheet rock) . She was very happy there was still clearance, only an inch or two, but considered it a failure that she hadnt' planned better.

Reply to
micky

Nope. The new fridge is 33" wide. Plus, I'd have to re-plumb the gas.

Right now, I'm going to go have a lie-down.

Reply to
HeyBub