Mazatlan Juice

Can anyone tell me if the electricity in Mazatlan, Mexico is 110 or 220?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Your answer awaits

Reply to
Abe

Yeah, he could have googled, but wouldn't it have been easier for you to tell him (or just ignore him) as to do what you did?

Reply to
Toller

More fun this way.

Reply to
Abe

110, but don't count on this in any native built fishing vessel.

Happy fishing....

-- Oren

Oren

"Toller" wrote in news:_cR%g.3949$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

He should learn to do his own research BEFORE he asks others. He would learn much more.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I should learn to read. To answer the OP - Both 110 and 220 are in Mazatlan. The visitor can use travel "stuff" without adapters (110).

-- Oren

Oren

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. "

I found that quote on Google too.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

Isn't asking a question on Usenet a form of doing research?

Reply to
Karl S

Thanks, Mike. A man after my own heart.

If we just had Google and know-it-alls, what would we need Usenet discussion groups for?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Reply to
GWB

Not according to this forum. Alt.home.repair is only for people who have questions that have NEVER been asked before - otherwise you might upset the regulars. Just be lucky you didn't have an HVAC question...

Reply to
Eigenvector

Oh, Gawd. Let's not open that bag of snakes again.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Karl S wrote in news:9r5nik20a2gf.3fi03zecmrtt$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net:

No,it's getting others to do your research(or solve your problem) for you. What if there's no one else around to ask?

It's "I'm too lazy to look it up myself,so just tell me." Then they develop the habit of asking instead of looking for themselves.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Someone wrote: In part ...............

. Shouldn't that read; "Visitors from other countries, such as those in North America (USA, Canada etc.) that use 110 volt 60 cycle domestic and personal appliances can (should be able) to use travel stuff, without adapters (110). Visitors from most other parts of the world, where 230 volt 50 cycle AC is most common will probably require appropriate adapters."

All too often (constantly?) do we not assume that it is we (North Americans) who will be the visitors?

I just checked (India) for example and one site says; "Remember, no matter what type of plug an outlet might accept, voltage in India is 230 v 50 Hz." India has about three times the population of all of North America.

Reply to
terry

"terry" wrote

Yes, but when you convert the numbers by subtracting those Indians who do not have electricity in their houses, you come up with a different number.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

terry had written:

. The point being (India, or anywhere else for that matter) that it is fairly easy (via internet) to find out the voltage and frequency of various electricity supplies around the world.

On another (technically oriented) news group we have just finished a discussion about 25 cycle supplies that were not uncommon in some parts of North America up to at least the 1950s and 1960s; with the result that there is still equipment around that uses it!

Some aircraft, from the mid 1940s onward, used (and probably still do?)

400 hertz at 115 volts.

Again there have been certain instances where the normal standards are 'mixed'. For example there are company towns, in this part of north America, which until recent years, were supplied from a local mill that operates at 50 hertz (cycles) but with the 'normal' North American 110 volts! On 50 all 'normal' 60 hertz clocks, including those that were used as timers on many North American style stoves/ranges/electric cookers ran 17% slow and so were not usable!

In Japan AIUI their normal voltage is not 110 to 117; but 100 volts? However Japanese and other Asian manufacturers seem to have had no trouble manufacturing equipment for many voltages/frequencies.

So depending where you live in the world your mileage (voltage) may vary but it's fairly easy to find out?

And don't mention DC (Direct Current) non alternating voltages; very uncommon today AIUI. But were in use in parts of the UK for example until at least the 1960s. You could 'draw' quite a spark/arc at 230 volts DC when switching off something! Especially if it was something inductive like say a motor.

Terry again.

Reply to
terry