maytag wont spin or pump water out

-------------------------------------

My Maytag top loader just stopped spinning or draining. It does fill though. I listened to the lid switch and I do hear a metal clicking sound that indicates an electronic signal is being sent (relay), so I dont think thats the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 364583 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
skytrain56

Could be the motor, the belt, timer signal

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It could be the pump that drains the water. It might be clogged or not working at all. And as a result it will not spin until the tub empties, so I would start with that first. I'm assuming after it fills with water, the regular wash cycle is fine.

Reply to
Mike rock

I think you should post to usenet the regular way. Not via Sucko company.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Last time that happened to someone I know, I googled and found it might be the lid switch. Sure enough, that was it. Can't help you to fix it, but you could try this website for help.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

What would this "regular way" be?

Would it be insisting on top posting for some reason in a group where

99% of the posts are bottom posted?

Or would it be the way 99% of the people of the folks post here?

It is just common courtesy to do what other folks do. What if your church was nice and quiet (the norm) and I decided I was someone special and had a loud conversation during a service? Not sure what point you are trying to prove with top posting.

Reply to
George

Yeah why don't you just f*ck off back to the spam warehouse where you came from .

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken