maytag water heater

My current tank type HW heater is about 11 years old. I'm going to replace it. I've been reading up on Natural Gas water heaters. I had the opportunity to spend 2 weeks in a house with a tankless and while its ok, and probably cheaper to run it has its quirks. At first i thought i might go with it but after 2 weeks both me and my wife could see it wasnt as smooth and steady as a tank type water heater and there is a longer delay getting hot water out of the faucet than with a tank type. So, I've pretty much decided I want to buy the Maytag HRN112 40X (or 50x) but I cant seem to find a place to buy one online. Also, Maytags store locator is useless... Any ideas? Thanks Eric

Reply to
Eric

Why Maytag? AO Smith, Rheem, Bradford White all make good ones.

Pop by the Big Box and see what's available and how long warranty periods are.

Ji

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Well, the Maytag has 2" of insulation.