Maytag Washing Machine -Fault

Got a front loading- Euroline Maytag washing machine, that is reporting a fault on the drainage system, and stopping before it spins. Checked outlet and no blockages, someone suggested filter needs cleaning. This can be accessed from front (square at front/bottom)- removed this and pulled out filter. A small grey platic object fell out- could't work out if this was needed- or where it came from. Anyone any ideas- or other aresa to look for fault- or even wher I can get advice (maytag not returned my mail)

Thanks

Reply to
sndevereux

Does it look like a plug? Most machines from the factory has a plastic plug on the drain hose that you must remove.

Reply to
Mikepier

I am trying to find the instructions for this washing machine. I am rented and the third owner does not have any instructions. I have navegated thru t he Internet and I have the Model-Maytag Euroline 1600rpm Washing Machine (M AF8705AES)NO LUCK. Could you help me.

Reply to
mariaenamoradadelmar

Rather than respond to three year old posts just use Google

(sheesh)

Reply to
philo

Well, she did say she 'navegated thru the Internet", so maybe that included Google. But what I'm pretty sure happens with a lot of these people replying to years old posts is that they search for something related to their problem and, like in this case, the closest they come up with is years old, but still they reply. After all, many of us have been here for more than 3 years.

People should promote Usenet, instead of those infernal webforums. For one thing, all the webforums mask the email addresses and you can only reach those people if they are still reading the forum. Usenet, when not viewed thorugh google etc., uses complete email addresses and even when they're munged they can usually be unmunged, to write to someone from 10 or 20 years ago. (not counting those addresses that are completely phoney.)

Reply to
micky

OTOH: I have no idea why someone would need instructions to use a washing machine.

I'm just a dumb guy and all you have to do is dump all your stuff in there and turn it on...even use a little soap.

Darks, lights anything...just dump it all in and it's fine.

I sure don't need no stinkin' manual.

Reply to
philo

I stopped sorting my clothes 20 or 30 years ago. If you don't use hot water, I think it is, nothing runs.

If I have something new and very dark, I think I wash it separately the first time. In college, the U of C color was maroon and my gym shorts were maroon, and I forgot to separate them and used water too hot, and my new gym shorts dyed all my underwear pink. That was a problem. Maybe without that I would have started mixing the darks and lights earlier.

Reply to
micky

That seems to be the case unless the dark item is new

When I first started college I did wash an orange sweater with my underwear. That did not work out so well. Some guy in the dorm needed a buck so he sold me the thing and after I dried it , it was ruined. That was a good thing as an orange sweater is not a good idea.

Tried ironing exactly once. That was 1967

Reply to
philo