Maytag washer won't turn on

We have a Maytag washer (Model LAT9406AAe) that is approx 8 years old. It has never had any repairs or problems but now it will not turn on in any cycle or any part of a cycle (spin, rinse, etc). Have also tried different capacity and water temp settings. Also tried another electrical outlet. When you pull out the knob, nothing happens.
What are the possible problems? We are thinking it is a switch or timer - something electrical obviously. Electrical engineer in the house but hasn't had a chance to look at it yet.
Also, are there wiring diagrams for these washers available?
Thanks
ASM wrote:

Check this site. Look at the bottom of the page for specific model numbers. They don't have a LAT9406AAe, but they do have a LAT9806AAE listed. Are you sure you wrote the right number? http://www.partselect.com/xq/aspx/Inventory.65221/qx/PartDetail.htm There is a wiring diagram for the LAT9806AAE here:
http://www.partselect.com/Schematics/Maytag/15001943.gif
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (ASM) wrote in message

Hi,
One comes with the washer, in the consol.

Lid switch is a common trouble maker for this.
SWITCH, LID (Series 15) http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N6383
SWITCH ASSY., LID (Series 10) http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N68
The "series" is the first 2 digits in the serial #.