Maytag Washer problem

I have a 12 year old Maytag A 512 clothes washer. Recently it has been doing "lazy" washes: incomplete cycles, long waits in between cycles and stopping in the middle of a cycle.

The web based help pages recommended replacing the timer. I did. Yike$ it was expensive. And that made no difference at all. Still lazy

What have I overlooked?

Reply to
Rod Reynolds

That model is likely older than that. If you post the complete serial number we may be able to tell you more accurately (if you're interested). You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.

Both wash and spin cycles or just one of the other??

If the motor is cutting out prematurely, it may be overheating. That could be the sign of a defective motor. What will likely be required is seeing if the motor is still getting power when it stops.

If it is getting power but stopping, the motor could be defective or something is putting too much strain on it.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

With clothes washers, the first thing I always think is loose and slipping drive belt. But, Dan likely works on more units than I do.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi,

If the motor is overheating double check the tracks and glides the motor rides on. If this is sticky or dirty the motor may over heat and shut off on it's built in safety.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff