Maytag Washer Leaking

I have 7-8 years old Maytag StackUp SE 7800 Washer.
I haven't been using it for about 8 month. Today when I tried to use it I had water leaking from the bottom of the machine.
I opened up the front. There is some oily leaks down on the shaft coming from the drum. Water drops are all over the bottom.
Can anyone tell me what can be the problem?
Thanks
Alex wrote:

When I run it with front panel open I can see water coming right from where tub connects with spanner nut(round thing with notches).
Can this be fix DIY style?
Alex wrote:

It can be, but not a job for the faint of heart - see
http://www.applianceaid.com/tub_seal_replacement.html
Good luck!!!!
Mad Mac wrote:

How much would it cost to be be done by a professional?
Alex wrote:
> How much would it cost to be be done by a professional?
Parts alone are about $120, say 1-2 hours labour plus trip charge - looking at $200-250. You have a stack unit, so may require additional time.
I'm no longer in the business, one of the other appliance guys on here should be able to give you a better indication. Obviously, you have to decide whether to invest that kind of cash in a 7-8 year old appliance.
Mad Mac wrote:

time.
here
appliance.
Hi all,
Up here with my Canadian dollar, this would be a $350-450 job. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /
Mad Mac wrote:

time.
here
appliance.
Hi all,
Up here with my Canadian dollar, this would be a $350-450 job. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /
Alex wrote:

Do you guys know if I can buy just a Maytag Washer for stack unit SE7800 instead of buying washer and dryer?
Thanks
Hi,
*Do you guys know if I can buy just a Maytag Washer for stack unit SE7800 instead of buying washer and dryer?*
Nope, only the whole unit :( jeff Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /