Maytag washer cold water inlet

I replaced the hot&cold water connections on our washing machine. Afterward the cold water inlet stopped working. The new tube seems OK because it will dump water into a bucket. The hot water tube seems OK.
So, it seems that the inlet valve in the washer is not operating. I'm having trouble with the coincidence of replacing the cold water tube with either a failed valve or a timer/programmer malfunction. Can someone put me back on the right track? I feel like I'm missing something obvious. TIA.

Chances are that the inlet screen on the cold side has crudded up from debris stirred up when you replaced what you did.
Ours tended to if I did any work on the plumbing near the pressure tank/pump.
Take the cold water hose off the washer, and check out the valve inlet. There'll probably be screen there. You can often pop them out to clean them.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say the "new tube seems ok". Did you replace the hot and cold water fixture? Or supply line? The use of the word "tube" makes me think you replaced the hoses. If there is a kink they can cut off, like grabbing a garden hose and squeezing can do.
glassartist wrote:

valve itself. Getting at the back of the washer is hard, but I'll have to do it. I'm hoping I find the screen clogged because everything else is expensive!