Maytag Touchpad and Electronic Control Circuit Board Assembly

I have a Maytag stacked washer dryer combo which has developed a fault in one of the two items in the subject. Press any part of the Touchpad (say a dryer control) and the washer turns on and goes into soak mode followed by a complete cycle. Once it starts nothing except pulling the plug will stop it. None of the Touchpad "buttons" work including "Stop" although the lights correctly display what's happening. It doesn't seem to matter what you press initially; the "Soak" cycle always starts up although I must admit that I've only been through three cycles (at about 45 min each).
Removal of the trim, TouchPad, and Circuit Board was simple enough and visual examination doesn't show anything obviously wrong (no burn marks or loose wiring) but beyond that I'm stumped. The repair guru at repairclinic.com says that it sounds like the Circuit Board and states that the only way to tell for sure is with an ohm meter and the circuit diagram found within the machine. There is no circuit diagram in the machine, or at least I can't find it. Yes, I know the sort of thing--usually in a plastic envelope taped to the back of the machine. Now I admit that I haven't disassembled the washer so it could be inside but it's a bear to move and I'm not sure just what I'd be able to test even if I found it. When my modem wouldn't dial the ISP I didn't bring out the ohm meter basically because it would have been pointless; I just replaced the friggin' thing and the problem went away.
Here the issue is complicated by the Touchpad and the extortionate expense of the things. The Touchpad is $98 and the Circuit Board, $262. Ouch! There is a repair manual, $24, but I'm not sure that this would even have the wiring diagram.
So what to do. Buy the repair manual, wait a week, and hope that it has some practical information? Or, buy the cheaper part, the Touchpad and try to return it if it doesn't solve the problem (repair clinic claim no hassle returns but it still costs shipping), or buy the two and return the one that doesn't seem to be necessary (of course in my worst nightmare both could be necessary), or go with the repair guru's suggestion and replace the Circuit Board and then only if that doesn't solve the problem buy the Touchpad?
Any suggestions?
-- Patrick Riley

Shoot yourself in the head and dont worry about the Maytag. See, wasnt that easy? Bubba
Hi,

Kinda *sounds* like the key panal is stuck/sticking to me?!!?

It's inside the washer 1/2 of the unit, in a brown envelope usually taped to the cabinet side.
The circuit board cannot really be checked with an ohm meter, but the key panal usually can. This might help... http://tinyurl.com/wqjs

JMO....I usually go cheaper part first.

This one?
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N85 Electronic control circuit board assembly, stacked washer-dryer.
jeff.
Every technician I know *hates* working on that SE1000/SG1000 stacked Maytag washer/dryer combination. I suggest you take it slow and get the repair manual for it before installing possibly unneeded parts. You can find the repair manual for it at the following link.
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rcB1577
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Maytag+stacked+washer
=~~~~~~