Maytag Stack Washer Not Filling

I have a friend that has a Maytag stackable washer. A new Timer and a new Fill valve were purchased and I installed them. It still will not fill with water in ANY cycle. No water at all. The washer will spin and drain and that is it. Someone please help, I have worked on these several times over the years and I am stumped on this one. Thank you.

Reply to
Irishdeval

Hi, There is something called overfill sensor. Maybe it's stuck? Bring out a meter and looking at the schematics, trouble-shoot. I wonder why your friend got new timer and valve? Shot gun method can waste time and money.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
Irishdeval

Reply to
Irishdeval

Maytag (now owned by Whirlpool) has a number of designs that you might call stackable. A laundry system has a top load washer on the bottom, dryer on top, and the it can't be "unstacked." The Neptune Superstack is a front load washer on bottom, dryer on top, and while they may come into your house unstacked, they can't be operated unstacked. Finally, some Maytag front load washers can have a dryer put on top, but they can be operated side by side as well.

So, which do you have?

Reply to
nospamtodd

Reply to
Irishdeval

Reply to
Irishdeval

Go to this link.....this may help.....good advise here.

Also, if this is a solenoid type valve......when solenoid should be open(energized) you should be able to put a small screwdriver over the top of it, on the metal post, and should feel some magnetism present. If not there, then either the voltage or/return is not present, or the solenoid is defective.

Have you tried both a only cold wash cycle and only a hot wash cycle, and warm?

avid_hiker

Reply to
Irishdeval

Reply to
Irishdeval

Did you check the basics, is the water turned on? or is there a kink in the supply hoses from moving the equipment out and back in?

Reply to
EXT

Reply to
Irishdeval