Maytag Stack Washer Not Filling

I have a friend that has a Maytag stackable washer. A new Timer and a new Fill valve were purchased and I installed them. It still will not fill with water in ANY cycle. No water at all. The washer will spin and drain and that is it. Someone please help, I have worked on these several times over the years and I am stumped on this one. Thank you.
Irishdeval wrote:

There is something called overfill sensor. Maybe it's stuck? Bring out a meter and looking at the schematics, trouble-shoot. I wonder why your friend got new timer and valve? Shot gun method can waste time and money.
Thanks for the reply, I looked at the fuse in the front of the machine and that was good as well. I also took the hose of the water level diaphram unit and lighty blew into it and the washer took off and started to function (spin & drain) so that appears to be good. The friend just bought the parts I guess and had them put in and when that didn't work I got called. I looked over the entire inside and didn't find any broken or grounded wires. I also put a meter on the fill valve leads and was only able to get like 5v on one side and 18v or so on the otherside and that is with a new timer and fill valve with coils. Tony Hwang wrote:

Is the overfill sensor different from the water level sensor / Diaphram thing? Irishdeval wrote:

Maytag (now owned by Whirlpool) has a number of designs that you might call stackable. A laundry system has a top load washer on the bottom, dryer on top, and the it can't be "unstacked." The Neptune Superstack is a front load washer on bottom, dryer on top, and while they may come into your house unstacked, they can't be operated unstacked. Finally, some Maytag front load washers can have a dryer put on top, but they can be operated side by side as well.
So, which do you have?
Hello, the washer is top loading with the dryer above it. It appears to be several years old. I was able to undo the side floor brackets and slide the washer forward from the rackmount. The washer timer mounts in the bottom face of the dryer. snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hello, the washer is a top load and the dryer is above it. I was able to undo the floor side brackets and slide the washer forward from the rackmount to do some work on it. I am hoping this is something simple and a quick fix due to it now having a new timer and fillvalve. snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Go to this link.....this may help.....good advise here.
http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_11_1.asp
Also, if this is a solenoid type valve......when solenoid should be open(energized) you should be able to put a small screwdriver over the top of it, on the metal post, and should feel some magnetism present. If not there, then either the voltage or/return is not present, or the solenoid is defective.
Have you tried both a only cold wash cycle and only a hot wash cycle, and warm?
http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_11_3.asp#Level1_4
http://www.applianceaid.com/washers.html
http://www.american-appliance.com/service_pages/may_washer/maytag_stack.htm
The solenoid coils are brand new as they came on the new fill valve. No water in any cycle or temp. avid_hiker wrote:

I'm thinking I need to locate the Overfill Switch? Maybe that is tripped if it has one. If it has one does anyone know off hand where it may be located? I know where the water level switch is but is there a seperate Over fill Switch as well? Irishdeval wrote:

Did you check the basics, is the water turned on? or is there a kink in the supply hoses from moving the equipment out and back in?