Maytag Refrigerator Design problem

Hi, All I had a bad experience of Maytag side by side refrigerator, Module#:MSD2454GRW. The defrost thermostat defeats totally because the heater work too long. The airflow was block by icy fin so that thermostat keep heater work util died. Do any complain about that? What is your opinion?

TIA Shell

Reply to
Shell

Hi,

Never heard of that complaint yet....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Hi, jeff How much rate replacement of thermostat for this kind of refrig? I had replace them twice in two years. It is interesting to discuss about that, the heated air should be raised but the fan on the top does function. I just wonder how can thermostat died.

Reply to
Shell

Hi,

You mean how often does the defrost thermostats fail?....if yes, often. Frost free work ( defrost timers, defrost thermostats, defrost heaters ) is one of the most common repair for refrigerators today. Many makes ( not just Maytag ) has had problems with defrost thermostats not lasting....Frigidaire, Amana are a couple that come to mind.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff