Maytag Quietseries 100 - broken handle

Hi there --
The door handle on my Maytag quietseries 100 dishwasher broke, and I bought the two new parts I need to fix it -- one is the actual plastic handle and the other is shaped like a T. Somehow these two pieces fit together, but for the life of me I can't figure out how.
Does anyone have a manual for this dishwasher that shows how these pieces fit? The model number is MDBH950AWW.
I still have the two manuals that came with the dishwasher (an installation and a "proper use" guide) but neither provides the schematics for the machine or any repair information. I have also searched the Internet and the Maytag site and haven't found any manuals like this.
If I can't fix this thing I am going to buy a Bosch dishwasher and never buy another Maytag/Whirlpool product again. Actually, that may be the case even if I *can* fix it. :-)
Thanks for any assistance you can provide!
FA