Maytag Oven showing "OFF" after F message

We think the temp sensor is defective, showed an F2 once, whenever we press bake or broil, the display says off.
Would this be normal if the sensor went high above 1100 ohms?

I don't know about displaying "OFF" but what the F-2 means depends on how whatever model of Maytag range you have was designed.
F2 most commonly indicates a problem in the oven sensor or its wiring circuit but can also indicate a problem in the clock relay on models where that relay is part of the electronic control and not on a separate relay board. Replacing the sensor is a relatively cheap thing to try though:
Common Maytag range Oven Sensors:
Maytag Long Oven Sensor http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc 64
Maytag Short Oven Sensor http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc 65
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Maytag+range
=~~~~~~
Thanks for the reply. The relays are on a separate board. They don't have any feedback to the micro. I have simulated a good sensor with a 1k resistor. There is a 24c01 atmel serial eeprom. I believe when a fault occurs, it dumps data to thr serial eeprom, which will not allow the oven controls to function. Clearing data from the eeprom gives a F1 fault. I wish I had a dump from a good eeprom...