Maytag oven finally repaired

Done yesterday. Wife could not use oven for ~2 months due to lack of heating element. Dealer said it would take longer but wife called Maytag and they said they would send her part in 5-10 days. When it did not arrive after 2 weeks she called Maytag and they said they had no record of her call. She was highly annoyed and told them that maybe they did not have a record but she had a record of them asking for a survey of their response to her call.
What a screw-up. Dealer had found part at distributor but did not tell us before wife got involved in calling Whirlpool/Maytag.
Repairman said this is worse screw up he has ever seen although they have trouble with Samsung.
We have bought our last Maytag appliance.
For what it's worth, I've got furnace parts from Midwest HVAC Parts and a stove sparker from Midwest Appliance Parts. I'm not sure if that's the same company, but both items were delivered quickly, and they have a phone number, so one can talk to a human. (I avoid buying online in general. When I do I like to find a real company that has humans and a phone number. There might be some very nice people behind many of the web-only options, but if there's no way to actually reach them then I'd rather not do business with them.)
On 04/29/2015 08:16 AM, Frank wrote:

Not good.
Years ago I had an RCA refrigerator and needed to get some bearings for the door pivot.
Walked into the local supply depot and within seconds, they were able to come up with the part number from a data base of (probably) 50,000 parts.
Said it was not in stock but I could pay them and they'd send if from their main warehouse. It was all of three bucks. I was in there no more than five minutes.
Next day, the parts were at my door.
Outstanding!
I know where I worked I've seen our office keep a customer waiting for as long as half an hour when all they needed were a few fuses.
Frank wrote:

ack!
often the heating elements can be found in other places. we were able to find ours at the Sears Parts store, but i had to do a little research and call the GE parts line to get the number. the Sears place at first wanted to give us an element that didn't look right (and of course cost more). even if the watt/rating can be the same i wanted to make sure the thing fit. the price on it went anywhere from $80something to $30 or so. since we drive by the parts place a few times a month it was ok for us to go pick it up ourselves. one of the times when this internet connection paid for itself for the month.
songbird
On 04/29/2015 07:41 AM, songbird wrote:

My (older) GE blew out the oven element a few months ago, picked up a new one the next day from the local used appliance dealer (for a very reasonable price). I could have picked up the same thing from ebay for a little less, but I didn't feel like waiting five days for shipping.
Jon
Frank wrote:

On 4/29/2015 4:54 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Part from Maytag just showed up on our doorstep. They must have sent it and erased all correspondence. Told my wife not to give it to the repair people or send it back but just squirrel away for the next time.