Maytag Gas Dryer - Replace Drumbelt

I believe the drumbelt is broken and have ordered a replacement. I'm unsure how to open the dryer to replace the belt and haven't been able to find specifics about my older dryer. Any guidance appreciated...
Maytag Gas Dryer Model DG8200
TIA
jk42k wrote:

I believe you will find two Philips head screws under the lip at the bottom of the front of the dryer. Remove those two screws and swing the front panel out. It clips on the top so you can take it all the way off. As I recall the belt is easy to get to from there.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Thank you for responding Joseph and my apologies for the double post.
I'll take a look and post results after trying an installation.
If the screws are not at the bottom of the front panel then you will need to lift the front of the top (it will pop off the spring clips and tilt back) and then you can access two screws just inside the upper front corners that hold the front panel by the top. it then pivots down and off.
While you have the front panel off, take the time to clean lint out of the area after the filter but before the vent opening.

Thanks for the tip...I will.
Here's the replacement item... http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID224
and just in case...a generic manual on repairing dryers... http://www.appliance-repair.org/Samples/Manual%20Samples/lesson04_part_01.pdf
Good luck...
Darwin
Thanks for researching...I have already ordered the belt from Maytag at a similar price.
This will be an adventure and I appreciate the link to the pdf. Hopefully I won't have too much difficulty opening it up.

Mission accomplished! Thanks for the help, tips and encouragement.
As suggested, two screws at the base of the front released the front easily...
2 screws on each side released the outflow/lint assembly giving access to the drum which was easily lifted out...it was a broken belt.
After cleaning the outflow assembly (LOTSA buildup over the years), and cleaning the interior, I replaced the drum, placed the new belt around it and buttoned it back up.
Removing a rear access panel exposed the drive motor and idler pulley and (after a little head scratching) I looped the belt slack around the shaft and tension pulley and I was done.
Total cost...$27.69 and about 2 hours of work. I could probably do the job now in less than 30 minutes.
Interestingly enough, I had first called Sears for the repair. I had a Sears repairman show up ($65 flag drop) and he advised me they no longer stocked the part and I would have to contact Maytag. Fortunately, I didn't get charged the $65, learned how to do something and saved myself a nice piece of change.