maytag fridge

Strange as this might sound.....my husband and I woke up this morningto what we thought was the tornado siren. Turns out it was our refrigerator! Any thoughts on this one? -------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖
On 03/26/12 08:04 am, brenlx wrote:

I am guessing that what you heard was the fan blades scraping against something. Fan motor bearings failed?
Perce
Add pictures here
✖

I had to replace the evaporator coil fan on my ancient Sears Coldspot a few years ago after the bearings started getting noisy. They never would have a problem in the daytime (it seemed), but instead they would act up in the middle of the night when I would be trying to sleep.
Damn thing drove me crazy until I replace it with an ebay-purchased unit. I did try lubricating the bearings a few times, but eventually not even that helped.
Jon
Add pictures here
✖
Quit using Homeowners Hub, and post to Usenet the regular way.
Strange as this might sound.....my husband and I woke up this morningto what we thought was the tornado siren. Turns out it was our refrigerator! Any thoughts on this one? -------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 26, 7:53 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Don't be a Usenet snob. This is 2012, and we'll eventually have to accept a wide variety of posting methods. Including, eventually, via SMS. Which will really suck.
I'd check the fan bearing. Should be easy: Unplug the unit. Pull out all the interior panels in the freezer section until you see the fan. Plug the unit back in.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:04:03 +0000, brenlx wrote:

If you open it and Zuul, the Gatekeeper of Gozer, is inside, you know who to call... ;)
Add pictures here
✖

Someone put the Ajax in the 'fridge?
Add pictures here
✖
Shhh... don't tell him. I put it there last week. I got it from the Civil Defense auction in Chicago, after they found all that stuff. Wait till he finds the Civil Defense crackers in the salad crisper drawer.

Have you opened the frig and looked for a tornado siren?
Red Green, Experienced Homeowner Hub Advisor
Add pictures here
✖