Maytag dryer won't heat with new element...

My Maytag dryer began cutting off when it got hot, so I cleaned out the exhaust hose, inside of dryer and fixed the internal exhaust pipe leak. I also cleaned out the house side of the pipe (it goes up through the attic and onto the roof.)

I then took the front of the unit off, cleaned that out and removed the heating element in order to clean, the elements were broken in several places, so I put a new restring kit in it #313538 and replace

1 bad insulator.

Now it won't heat, I have checked continuity on the element; it is not touching the cover and is checked between start and end.

There are two wires going to the heating element, purple and black, what is the best process to track down this problem.

I have a VOM, should I try connecting one to the terminating end of the black lead and the other to the frame to see if the sensor located on the outside of the heat coil is getting power?

This is a Maytag DE590, 240v, thanks very much.

Reply to
Buck Wheat

AgaPSDIVER

Check out this possibility:

There might be a heat-sensitive fuse in the exhaust section of the dryer. The fuse is designed to turn off the heater element if the exhaust temperature gets too high.

If this fuse is defective, it will keep the heater element from getting current.

Dave

Reply to
David Wesolowicz

Hello,

This might help...

from the FAQ sections....

Q - My electric dryer runs but will not heat, what could stop my dryer from heating ?

A - Things that could stop a electric dryer from heating:

- house fuse or breaker... - heating element ... - burnt wire ... - thermostats ... thermal fuse ( not all models )... - motor heat switch ... - timer ... - selector switch ... - burnt power cord/plug ...

A ohm meter test for these parts is here....

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff