Maytag Dryer Problem

My folks have an old Maytag Dryer, model GDE309 that hums when they go to start it. I'm thinking it's a start winding or capacitor issue (haven't seen it yet). Is there somewhere I might purchase a replacement motor that anyone can help with?
thanks very much,
cov

Any appliance dealer or www.repairclinic.com

For motors and capacitors since these are kind of standard items you might want to check Grainger for pricing also.

They do? I need a coil for my Kelvinator....think they might have one?

Check the yellow pages for rebuilt motors. A new motor could cost over half the cost of a new dryer. A rebuild will be about half that.
cover wrote:

Don't jump the gun. "Hum" could be the drive belt around the drum slipping when it starts up.
Rick