Maytag Dryer Gas Valve Question

Why would a gas valve have two coils. I would expect the valve to be a normally closed valve that opens when a coil is energised. What is the purpose of the second coil?
Thanks
Hi,
As Ed said, safety! If one sticks open the second will still shut off the gas flow. Rare ( but is possible ) to have both stick open and leak.
Hi,
As Ed said, safety! If one sticks open the second will still shut off the gas flow. Rare ( but is possible ) to have both stick open and leak.

I don't know about dryers, but our 125 HP gas fired boilers have two gas valves also. Safety. What if the spring that closes the valve breaks?