Maytag Dryer DE606

I have a Maytag dryer model number DE606. Recently when I press the start button it makes a loud buzz. If I continue to depress the button sometimes it starts and then sometimes it stops buzzing and does nothing whatsoever. I will then wait a period of time and it will start and dry normally.
Any suggestions.
Thanks.
Steve
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Steve) wrote in message
Hi,

Oldie!! 25+ tears old :)

Motor going sour is possible, or something holding the motor back from starting ( tight fan blower, tight drum bearing, ect )....someone would have to investigate and eliminate things as possible trouble makers.

When it has gone dead the motor has probably shut off on it's built in safety/thermal switch, continually doing this will damage the motor ( if not already bad ).
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N"60 Drive motor for "06" series units with two belts