Maytag dryer

Hello:

We have a Maytag MD-15 dryer.

Couple of days ago we were drying some clothes which apparently had some sand. The sand seems to have gone under the tumbler. So, the next time when the dryer was operated, an unpleasant noise (as though the tumbler was rubbing against sand) was heard. I wanted to remove the sand.

I am trying to understand what my options may be: is there any way of doing it without removing the tumbler? Is it easy to remove the tumbler?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Reply to
John Smith

Unplug it and remove the 2 screws from the bottom of the front cover. It will pull out so you can release the spring clips that hold it on top. Unplug the door switch. You should be able to blow out the bearing surfaces from there. If you really want to give it a deep cleaning, remove the manifold and the drum will be free. Note and draw a picture of the belt routing if you are pulling out the drum. I draw it on the deck of the dryer with a sharpie pen. It will drive you crazy trying to figure it out if you don't. Did I say UNPLUG IT first? ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

Drawing a picture is good, but even better is to use a digital camera and get all the proportions and details right.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Reply to