Maytag Dishwasher won't wash

My 2 year old Maytag dishwasher fills with water but when it gets to the wash cycle, it just sits and hums. The water will drain if you set it on the drain cycle. But when it finishes, it doesn't cut off, just continues to hum. Help!! Has anyone else had this problem, and could maybe give me some good advice. This is model MDB9100AWW. When you close the door, the machine immediately starts to hum. Does this probably mean the latch switch is the problem? Many thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Jose wrote:

Hi, If it has digital control panel, there is nothing much can be done other than calling for service(no warranty?) They also do just replace suspected module. good luck, Tony

try www.applianceaid.com www.repairclinic.com for troubleshooting.