Maytag dishwasher help needed

Hello,
I have a Maytag MDB2400AWE dishwasher that I need help troubleshooting.
The dishwasher bottom will fill up with water and that is all it will do. When I take the mode knob and move it, the drain solenoid will click in but that is all that will happen.
Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking the solenoid may be bad, but since it kicks in when the selector know is turned, I am wondering if it may be something else.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks, Jim

Solenoid may click, but the valve may not open. Check it out visually and also be sure the line is not clogged. I had trouble from a cherry pit in the line once.

Wow, that was simple enough!! It turned out to be one of the screws that holds the washer to the cabinet that fell in.
I could not find the torx heads that I had so I went to my local TSC store and bought some, came home and took the screen off and seen the screw. Thinking, surely this was not the culprit. But lo and behold... IT WAS!!!!
Thanks to all who replied and an even bigger THANKS from my wife and kids..."NO MORE WASHING DISHES BY HAND..."

That was easy. Saved you at least $75 for a service call.
Since the outlet for the hose may be higher than the tub, is it possible there is a pump that is not workiing?? mm